Those little butterflies delight me always and I loved the process of painting butter, vanilla essence and sugar on the pastry :)
Simple as it is, here are the ingredients:
1 piece of frozen ready-made puff pastry
approximately 20g melted butter
1 few drops of vanilla essence
60g of granulated sugar
1. roll sugar all around the pastry.
2. add a few drops of the vanilla essence to the melted butter
3. lightly roll butter onto the sugar filled pastry until evenly distributed.
4. do the same for the other side of the pastry.
5. divide the pastry into 4 rectangular portions and fold each side of the pastry for 1/4. fold again so that both sides meet at the center.
6. put some sugar and butter on the folded pastry again.
7. further fold the pastry (either left to right or right to left) so that one side overlaps the other side.
8. cut into small pieces of around 1.5" each.
9. refrigerate it a bit if it's too soft to handle.
10. until it's slightly hardened, bake it inside a preheated oven at 180c for around 15 minutes until one side turns golden brown. flip the palmiers to the other side until the other side also reaches golden brown. Set aside and ready to serve.