2011年9月13日 星期二

Belated Happy Moon Festival

Happy Moon Festival!

This year I just spent the night with my family and we played mj!! It was a fun night and we tried all sorts of mooncake.

In fact, I did make some mooncakes, most of them being pink in colour, with a flaky texture.  It's chiu chow style, following the recipe of Happy Home Baker and Carol 自在生活, and I would call them pink swirl flaky mooncake (can't really think of a rather more professional term for it...LOL). It turned out quite nice and I was quite satisfied with the appearance of them, although some of my family and friends thought it looked a bit weird. :) I made the moon cakes with three kinds of fillings - lotus seed, taro and sweet potato. The mooncake was not too sweet, they were just perfect after a heavy festive dinner !!

Love the arrangement!





I really enjoyed the time baking these little things. I had great fun searching for the boxes, making my own labels of "Happy Mid Autumn" and packing them nicely :)

I am submitting this post to  Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011) hosted by Happy Home Baking.  I started reading her blog a while ago and tried a few of her recipes. They are great and it was her very edible pictures of these cute little mooncakes that encouraged me to bake my own mooncakes for the festival!  This is the first time I am making public of my blog. Although I am not sure if anyone really does read my blog, but the attempt of participating in Aspiring Bakers is certainly boosting my confidence of what I can achieve and an encouragement to myself by sharing my joy of baking with others who feel the same.

沒有留言:

張貼留言